Job Location: We are hiring for this position in Brisbane, AUS (in office or remote).
Pure Imagination Studios started in 2012 as a diversified entertainment company built by a team of creators who shared a true passion for storytelling. We thrive on imagination; everything we do is designed to bring a tangible experience to anything our clients, partners and we dare to imagine. We believe that pure imagination should be the fuel to our collective reality.
We are storytellers, dreamers, and creators of new worlds striving to design and develop the future of entertainment. Join our team today!
We are looking for a Pipeline Supervisor to join our studio.
- Evaluate efficacy of existing studio and partner studios’ production pipelines and supporting infrastructure
- Collaborate with the studio’s VFX and CG Supervisors to define and document a pipeline improvement process and schedule
- Present pipeline improvement ideas to the heads of studio
- Actively manage the pipeline improvement process and creation of new toolsets or use in the studio and at partner studio facilities
- Initiate, organize, and document all production pipeline tools and processes
- Actively solicit feedback from artists on every production on the effectiveness and ease-of-use of the production pipelines and tools
- Actively prioritize and manage improvements to pipeline infrastructure based on artist feedback
- Define and manage an appropriate testing mechanism to validate infrastructure and tool updates before releasing them to production to ensure no interruptions to all in-progress productions
- Create and maintain relationships with software vendors
- Create, prioritize and communicate feature requests and bug reports to software vendors
- Communicate with studio and production leadership to prioritize and mitigate any and all issues which impact artists’ productivity
- Define and manage the approval process for upgrading software and hardware and updating data-access permissions for artists and production staff
- Communicate with studio infrastructure department to ensure all underlying infrastructure support systems are stable and reliable
- Collaborate with the studio technical resource team on render farm upgrades and troubleshooting
- Remain updated on new animation production technologies and industry trends
- Thoroughly investigate and evaluate any and all new technologies for their potential to improve production pipelines
- Manage, mentor, and review a team of Lead Animation Pipeline TDs and production TDs specializing in CG pipeline tool development and production pipeline support
- Review candidate reels and resumes for open positions within the pipeline team, participate in the interview process, and provide insightful, timely feedback to the studio hiring team
- At least 10 or more years of experience in pipeline development and management within a television animation, feature animation, VFX, and/or video game environment
- In-depth knowledge of the infrastructure and pipeline needs of each individual production department as well as the inter-dependencies among the departments
- Knowledge of the Adobe Suite of tools
- Knowledge of and experience with a variety of digital content creation packages (Maya, Blender, ZBrush, Substance, XGen, Yeti, Unity, Unreal Engine, VRay, Redshift, Arnold)
- Knowledge of data interchange platforms and data storage formats a must
- Knowledge of programming/scripting languages (C++, C#, Mel, Python, etc.) preferred
- Experience working with international Partner Studio(s) across disparate time zones is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with a variety of multi-media output mediums (2D, CG, real-time, large-format ride films, stereo, etc.) is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field preferred; a Master’s degree is a plus
Pure Imagination Studios is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).