Job Location: We are hiring for this position in Sherman Oaks, CA.
Pure Imagination Studios started in 2012 as a diversified entertainment company built by a team of creators who shared a true passion for storytelling. We thrive on imagination; everything we do is designed to bring a tangible experience to anything our clients, partners and we dare to imagine. We believe that pure imagination should be the fuel to our collective reality.
We are storytellers, dreamers, and creators of new worlds striving to design and develop the future of entertainment. Join our team today!
The Senior Animator / Director leads the development of animation assets to support the production’s creative vision. Responsible for developing complex animation assets for production and mentors a team of animators to perform animation sequences and complex animation techniques.
- Assign work to junior team members based on specializations in line with the project plan
- Create key frames for animated sequences showing motion by using advanced animation techniques
- Decide the number of animated sequences to be created from the storyboard or animatic
- Develop various available animation techniques to broaden skillsets and deliver across a variety of projects
- Enhance own portfolio with animation created from research and work done on previous projects
- Explore complex motion techniques to enhance skills
- Guide research to form ideas for animation sequences
- Guide the creation of blocking animation to decide motion sequence for each shot in the scene
- Guide the creative thought process by using illustrations during creative briefings
- Guide the updating of asset libraries to store animation assets created for future projects and reference
- Identify requirements for specialized animation for specific production needs
- Identify tools and pipeline requirements for assigned work
- Picture various types of simulated motion required in the shots to animate the scene
- Present animated sequences to the creative leadership for review
- Refine animated sequences based on inputs from the creative leadership
- Review animation sequences created by junior team members to provide creative inputs for refinement
- Study script, storyboards, and concept art to understand the animation requirements
- Study the motion required for characters created from concept to communicate to teams
- Support the creation of the project plan for the team by providing time estimates for specific tasks
- A diploma in 3D Animation and/or relevant working experience
- 8 years experience in the field of animation
- Knowledge of MotionBuilder and the motion capture pipeline, not required but would be plus
- Strong portfolio
- Knowledge of animation techniques
- Keyframe Animation Experience
- Strong knowledge of Maya
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Ability to work within an established pipeline and learn to use custom tools
- A proven artistic ability and passion for animation
- A proven ability to work in a team environment
- Autonomous, rigorous, organized and with a problem-solving mindset
- An experience in the film industry would be a plus, but not a requirement.
Pure Imagination Studios is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Salary: $85,000-$120,000+ annually