Job Location: Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, CA
Pure Imagination Studios started in 2012 as a diversified entertainment company built by a team of creators who shared a true passion for storytelling. We thrive on imagination; everything we do is designed to bring a tangible experience to anything our clients, partners and we dare to imagine. We believe that pure imagination should be the fuel to our collective reality.
We are storytellers, dreamers, and creators of new worlds striving to design and develop the future of entertainment. Join our team today!
Pure Imagination Studios is looking for an experienced, team-oriented, self-motivated UE Technical Designer to create and support gameplay systems, as well as scripted events for our Unreal-based VR/AR games.
- Develop prototypes to prove out creative concepts, gameplay mechanics, and technical feasibility
- Help shape the architecture for new game systems as well as create and implement the more complex technical design elements into the game
- Work in close collaboration with other disciplines such as designers, animators, technical artists, and programmers to implement assets, mechanics, and features
- Review work at various stages of implementation to ensure the execution matches the vision, goals and quality requirements
- Create or extend functionality using the tools made available by gameplay programmers as well as provide recommendations to improve tools and methods
- Analyze, optimize, and debug game throughout development
- Help test and validate new Unreal features and tools before they are integrated into the game or production workflow
- As a general expert, take charge and fill-in when needed for specific game elements
- 3+ years of experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Expert in UE4’s Blueprint visual scripting system
- Expert in at least one scripting language
- Proficient with profiling tools used in the examination & diagnosis of performance issues
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Must be able to work on site. No remote applicants accepted.
- Working knowledge of the content creation tools and processes involved in real-time 3D asset production
- Experience with C++ within the confines of Unreal or in general
- Experience with Perforce version control
- Experience with JIRA or similar development tracking software
- Experience with VR/AR and related hardware
Pure Imagination Studios is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).