Job Location: We are hiring for this position in Rochester, NY (in office or remote).
We are searching for an effects artist that knows how to bake down their visual effects for use in a game engine. This artist will be creating effects in Unreal to be used in interactive experiences.
Creating effects in Unreal from scratch. This includes being able to bake out simulations from Maya and Houdini to be used in engine. Will be working closely with Director and Developer to create what is needed for certain shots/levels.
- BFA/MFA or equivalent in Animation
- 1- 2+ Years’ experience in VFX, Games, or related industry
- Expertise in Maya and Unreal
- Experience developing visual effects
- Strong communication skills
- A passion for creative problem solving
- Skills and experience with Nuke, Adobe Suite and Shotgun
- Familiar with creating highly optimized assets
- Able to create advanced materials and effects for control in level via parameters.
- Familiar with Substance Painter and/or Substance Designer
- A positive attitude, particularly toward learning and sharing
- Ability to work in a group as well as operate in a self-directed capacity
- Capacity to perform in a fast-paced, time constrained environment
- Able to create effects for higher end pre-rendered content.