Job Location: Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, CA
Pure Imagination Studios started in 2012 as a diversified entertainment company built by a team of creators who shared a true passion for storytelling. We thrive on imagination; everything we do is designed to bring a tangible experience to anything our clients, partners and we dare to imagine. We believe that pure imagination should be the fuel to our collective reality.
We are storytellers, dreamers, and creators of new worlds striving to design and develop the future of entertainment. Join our team today!
Overview and Responsibilities
We are looking for a Previs Artist to join our studio. Previs is a key component of the creative visual storytelling process. Working off script pages, concept art, and/or storyboards, our Previs Artists will use characters, sets, props and cameras to block, stage, and design sequences, shot by shot. Previs Artists will receive storyboard animatics of sequences from the Editor and work closely with the Previs Supervisor, Production Designer, and Director to help design the visual style of the cinematography with an emphasis on carefully crafted camera angles, composition, camera movement, continuity, and close-ups.
- Design the first 3D representation of complex sequences, in a full cinematic form, using characters, sets and props created by the Modeling department
- Model rough pre-visualization sets and props if necessary, and place temporary effects and lights to guide creative decisions
- Establish character blocking, camera positioning and movement
- Create and iterate on rough character blocking and camera motion
- Provide creative solutions to aesthetic problems
- Prepare movie files of Previs shots for delivery to Editorial
- Conform Maya files to match Editorial shot revisions for delivery to Layout Dept
- Knowledge of Autodesk Maya
- Strong artistic and technical skills
- Ability to collaborate closely with others within the department and other departments
- Ability to interpret and receive creative direction
- Strong creative problem-solving ability
- Understanding of the production pipeline
- Experience in animating
- Experience in Unity
- Previous production experience
Pure Imagination Studios is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).