Job Location: We are hiring for this position in Rochester, NY and Brisbane, AUS (in office or remote).
Pure Imagination Studios started in 2012 as a diversified entertainment company built by a team of creators who shared a true passion for storytelling. We thrive on imagination; everything we do is designed to bring a tangible experience to anything our clients, partners and we dare to imagine. We believe that pure imagination should be the fuel to our collective reality.
We are storytellers, dreamers, and creators of new worlds striving to design and develop the future of entertainment. Join our team today!
- Design and animate high-quality, photo-real effects (dust, fire, smoke, explosions, debris, clouds, etc.) that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the project
- Work within the show structure and production deadlines to complete all tasks
- Integrate the created elements into scenes with lighting, shadows, reflections, etc.
- Produce look-tests based on provided reference materials
- High level of demonstrated experience Maya and Unity
- Previous experience in live-action visual effects for feature films, high-level television, and/or high-level commercials, Knowledge of any and/or all the following:
- Rigid body and particle dynamics
- Volume modeling and rendering
- Procedural geometry generation Fluid dynamics
- Strong understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena
- Proficiency in shading and rendering techniques
- Requires strong technical knowledge and organizational skills
- Good communication skills and able to take exact direction from FX Leads and FX TDs Scripting proficiency using Python, a plus
- Experience with one or more other professional software packages such as Maya
- Willingness to grow, learn new methods, and share knowledge with others
Pure Imagination Studios is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).