Job Location: Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, CA
Pure Imagination Studios started in 2012 as a diversified entertainment company built by a team of creators who shared a true passion for storytelling. We thrive on imagination; everything we do is designed to bring a tangible experience to anything our clients, partners and we dare to imagine. We believe that pure imagination should be the fuel to our collective reality.
We are storytellers, dreamers, and creators of new worlds striving to design and develop the future of entertainment. Join our team today!
Pure Imagination Studios is looking for an experienced, team-oriented, and self-motivated Unreal Gameplay Programmer, to oversee our game programming team as both a mentor and direct contributor. The ideal applicant has excellent time management skills, programming expertise, and strong design sensibilities.
- Work with fellow programmers and the rest of the production team
- Use UE4’s framework to create game systems and features in C++/ Blueprint, by implementing external direction, as well as considering team feedback in design decisions.
- Guide artists and Blueprint developers to create work that adheres to the design of game systems while maintaining good style and optimization standards.
- Dive into the UE source to make necessary architectural changes and understand how that will affect future versions of the engine.
- Work with VR tools and concepts for the development of complex high-level stationary, room-scale, and arena VR experiences, as well as integration of related peripherals and prop motion-tracking.
- As a general programmer, tasks will involve the use of simple and complex AI, UI, cinematics, optimization, engine functionality, particle effects integration, sound integration, and general gameplay mechanics.
- Must have very strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Work with emerging technologies to create new tools and systems for interactive real-time production.
- Help in setting up best practices for coding and conduct regular code reviews.
- Produce clean, well-documented code.
- 4+ years of experience with Unreal Engine 4
- 4+ years with C++, both within the confines of Unreal and in general.
- Experience launching at least one shipped title as a developer.
- Experience with development for Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Gear VR, or other VR/AR tools and related hardware.
- Thorough understanding of Computer Science fundamentals.
- Experience with Perforce version control, including streams and integration processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Working knowledge of the content creation tools and processes involved in real-time 3D asset production.
- Experience with one or more of the following: 3D asset creation, shader creation, rigging, procedural animation logic.
- Experience with Python, and with pipeline scripting in Autodesk Maya or other DCC applications.
- Leadership experience.
- Networking experience.
Pure Imagination Studios is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).