Job Location: We are hiring for this position in Rochester, NY (in office or remote).
Pure Imagination Studios started in 2012 as a diversified entertainment company built by a team of creators who shared a true passion for storytelling. We thrive on imagination, and everything we do is set to bring a tangible experience to anything our clients, partners and even ourselves, are able to imagine. We believe that pure imagination should be the fuel to our reality.
We are storytellers, dreamers, and creators of new worlds- striving to develop the future of entertainment. Join our team!
Pure Imagination Studios is looking for a Visual Development Artist.
- Using lighting, color keys, and visual effects to create immersive, cinematic worlds
- Explore, imagine, and design a variety of stylizations, looks and visual directions
- Ideate and discovery artistic expressions to enhance concepts and designs
- Produce the best quality of art and design
- Openness to feedback and direction and implementing notes as needed
- Partner closely with art director
- Being able to extrapolate design suggestions
- Delivering design in a timely manner with strong attention to detail
- Be a self-starter
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in visual development
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively
- Proficiency with Photoshop, or Clip studio paint
- Basic 3D modeling knowledge will be a plus
- Good sense of design (environment, vehicle, props)
- Strong fundamental drawing skills
- Passion for learning
- Adaptable to different types of animation styles
- Ability to create and maintain positive and collaborative team environment
- Ability to work on several tasks or projects simultaneously, prioritizing and following through to successful outcomes
- Friendly, positive personality, and good interpersonal skills